$ 125.00 – $ 600.00
*Full Participant and Shadow Spots Offered
How to Capture Magical Light…the kind of light that takes your breath away. Offered only once a year in June, limited to 14 Full Registration spots, an intensive 4-Week (fun) online course with weekly photo critiques, video tutorials, assignments and more from Me Ra and Brian. Roll up your sleeves! Your photography will never be the same!
First class begins June 6th, 2019!
Read reviews below!
This is the ONLINE Photography Workshop for Capturing Magical Light!
Beginning June 6th 2019, this 4-week, How to Capture Magical Light, Online Photography Workshop, is going to unpack diverse lighting scenarios so you can not only learn to find that magical looking light but capture it like the PROs!
Disney Jr. Host, Me Ra Koh – The Photo Mom, only offers this course once a year. You not only receive video lessons, but Me Ra and Brian, her husband who is also an award winning photographer and cinematographer, will be critiquing your photo assignments throughout the course. Upon registering, Full Registration participants will also receive their award winning DVD downloadable series Beyond the Green Box and Refuse to Say Cheese to help get you prepped in Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO. We want you set up for success!
Read the reviews to see how empowered past students have been.
To give the best critiques, the class must be limited to 14 people.
Sign up soon so you don’t have to wait a whole year!
Magical Light…the kind of light that takes your breath away. How do pro photographers capture this light over and over again?
Hold on as we say goodbye to Auto mode and Aperture Priority mode!
“Even Aperture Priority mode?” some of you ask. YEP! We are going all Manual to capture magical light. And I PROMISE, shooting in manual is WAY easier than you would ever guess. Brian and I are going to teach you step-by-step how we shoot in manual to get consist, magical lighting.
Every time I say this to a CONFIDENCE Workshop, they look back at me with doubt in their eyes. But by 1pm on Day 2 of the workshop, they are shooting in manual like pros (and giving me big hugs!)! How we learn makes a difference in how well we understand something.
For those of you who don’t know, before I was a photographer I got a Masters Degree in teaching. I take teaching, or better yet–empowering and equipping YOU, very seriously. I’m confident that you will walk away with a deeper understanding of capturing magical light that you never expected! I’ve been testing that confidence for almost a decade with a thousand women who have come through our workshops. And I haven’t lost one yet!
More Nitty Gritty…
This 4 week, intensive, online course is going to unpack diverse lighting scenarios so you can not only find the magical light but capture it consistently! Be prepared to dive into Metering Modes and get really cozy with your Exposure Compensation Scale! (What an insanely big term for a small thing! We will demystify a lot of those terms!)
Walk through the step-by-step process I make every time I start a photo shoot, whether it’s of my kids reading under a blanket or for a portrait shoot in NYC. I also want to say, be prepared to make mistakes (because you have to give yourself freedom to get worse before you can get better). But when you’re shooting gets better, and your “happy accidents” turn into consist shots, you may just come to Dallas, TX and give me a hug! YEAH!! Can’t WAIT to do this with YOU!
Details for FULL COURSE
- Weekly Video Tutorials: Delivered to your inbox every Wednesday for you to watch on your own time as Me Ra Walks You Through Each Week’s Lesson
- Weekly Assignments and Challenges: These are delivered as PDFs via email and our Private Facebook Group page. You don’t have to be online at a certain time, so rest assured if you live in different time zones! This online course was designed with YOU in mind!
- Weekly Photo Critiques of your Assignments: Me Ra Koh and her husband, Brian Tausend, also an award winning photographer and cinematographer, will give you Personal Critiques every week!
- Weekly Office Hours: Each Week Me Ra and Brian will be Available within the private Facebook Group for Set Hours so You Can Ask Your Questions and Get Answers in Real Time
- Experience Growing alongside your Classmates in a Safe Environment: You will have access to the Private Facebook Group so you can engage with each other there, as well as ask Me Ra and Brian any questions.
- Setting You Up for Success: Full Registration Participants will receive our award winning DVD downloads. Beyond the Green Box and Refuse to Say Cheese, to start building a solid foundation on Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and storytelling. ($70 value)
*Limited to 24 Full Registration Spots.
“But I’m TERRIFIED of having my photos critiqued!”
If you’re saying that to yourself, I get it. Critiques can either tear you apart or empower you to fly. I’m so passionate about the empowering type of critiques that I’ve been studying the art of critiques AND doing it for over twenty years with both writers and photographers. I promise that we will push you, challenge you, but you will leave feeling stronger and more confident. We will never put you down, criticize or discourage you. And we want give empty praise either.
We will look for consistencies in your shooting, traits you unknowingly do that you can build on while also challenging you to stretch a little farther, try the exercise one more time. This is all about giving you the tools to create magical light in your photos, and we’ve done this for over a thousand women! Get ready ladies! We’re going to have a BLAST!
3 ways to enroll
- Full Course Enrollment: This is the whole enchilada and the ideal way to take the class. For details of what to expect, toggle the DETAILS Title just above.
- CONFIDENCE GRAD/ALUMNI: This is the same course as the Full Enrollment, but because you’ve taken our CONFIDENCE Workshop and loved so much, we’re making the course available at a discount.
- Shadow Course Enrollment: This is a way to take the course at half price. We want this course available to as many people as possible to empower you with your camera! Since we can only critique so many photos per week, these spots are available to ladies that are okay with not getting images critiqued or feedback on the photo assignments, as well as not asking questions during our group sessions, or your budget is a little tight, but you still want to capture that magical light like a pro. If you connect with any of those traits, your a Shadow Girl!
If for some reason you should need to cancel, we will apply your payment(s) as credit to a future CONFIDENCE or online workshop within 24 months of your original workshop up to 45 days before the workshop weekend.
Canceling within the 45 days leading up to the workshop. We will do our best to fill your spot and apply your payment(s) to a future workshop within the next 24 months. But we can’t guarantee this. If your spot cannot be filled within the 45 days, your workshop payment(s) will be forfeited. This is the policy for all our online and in-person workshops, excluding our travel “Portrait of the World” workshops.
For Class Schedule & Assignment Due Dates, click the ADDITIONAL INFORMATION tab above.
Magical Light…the kind of light that takes our breath away. Welcome to the annual summer online course “How to Capture Magical Light”!
Full Course Attendee: $600
Shadow Course Attendee: $250 (less than half price to shadow along)
CONFIDENCE GRADS: $500
Course Materials are released each Wednesday for 4 weeks
|ASSIGNMENT DUE DATES||
Assignment 1: Wednesday, June 13th
Assignment 2: Wednesday, June 20th
Assignment 3: Wednesday, June 27th
Assignment 4: Wednesday, July 4th
You will need a camera that allows you to manually change the Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO, whether this is a hybrid camera, mirrorless or DSLR. I strongly urge you to take this course after you have a basic foundation of knowledge for Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO. Here’s how we want to help! When you register for this course, we will send you our award winning DVD download series to help you start building that strong foundation! You can learn more about Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and storytelling in Beyond the Green Box and Refuse to Say Cheese. Without this foundation, you may feel a bit lost in the assignments. We want to set you up for success!
QUESTION: Where did the idea for this class come from?
Welcome to the summer annual, online course “How to Capture Magical Light”! This course is inspired by over eight years of selling out our 2-Day CONFIDENCE Workshop! We know that not everyone can fly to us in Dallas, TX. This is our way of coming to YOU this summer and infuse your shooting with new skills, tips, tricks, empowering knowledge, inspiring critiques and MORE! And, did I say how excited I am?! CRAZY EXCITED! Many of you live abroad (Australia, Africa, Europe, India, Indonesia and more) and have emailed me for years, asking for an opportunity to learn while not being able to fly across continents to our CONFIDENCE Workshop. Others have extremely busy schedules and budgets that won’t allow for a weekend at the hotel, the airfare, childcare and workshop cost. And many of you have taken our Confidence Workshop and said this was the BEST refresher ever! Well ladies, I want you to know this summer online course is designed with you in mind! This summer is all about enriching you and your joy of photography. We are going to have a BLAST!
QUESTION: What are the price and Course Options?
Full Course Attendee. $600
When you sign up as a Full Course Attendee, you will receive all that is stated above; detailed, personal critiques each week from Me Ra, a second pro photographer’s critique each week, 4 weekly assignments/photo challenges and opportunity to discuss the assignments online within the private thread. Limited to 24 people.
Shadow Course Attendee. $250 (more than half price to shadow along)
When you shadow the course, you will receive the weekly assignments, but you will not receive any critiques or be allowed to participate in the online conversation. It’s just like auditing a class in college. You get to sit in the back, soak it all in, but you can’t participate with the students or speak with the teacher.
Refresh Yourself ($100 off for CONFIDENCE ALUMNI ONLY)
We love our CONFIDENCE GRADS and want to continue to empower their growing confidence. We will reserve a certain amount of seats in each online course so you can take the class as a REFRESHER with a $100 discount off the Full Course Attendee price ($500 instead of $600). The Shadow Course is the same price for everyone. Limited Alumni Spots.
Question: Are there payment options?
There are two payment options. As our CONFIDENCE Workshops provide payment plans, we want to do all that we can with our online courses too.
- You can break your payment into two payments. The first half will hold your spot when you sign up, the second half will automatically be paid in 30 days or by the first class (which ever is sooner). If you would like this option, change the Payment Options Tab above to Two Payments. If you run into any troubles, email us at email@example.com and our awesome accountant will set you up!
- You can pay the whole amount upon registration.
*Course must be paid in full before end of June.
Call us if you have any questions at 253-468-6925
Feel free to email Brian at ( firstname.lastname@example.org) for any and all questions.
If for some reason you should need to cancel, we will apply your payment(s) as credit to a future CONFIDENCE or online workshop within 24 months of your original workshop up to 45 days before the workshop weekend. If you need to cancel within the 45 days leading up to the workshop, we will do our best to fill your spot and apply your payment(s) to a future workshop within the next 24 months. But we can’t guarantee this. If your spot cannot be filled within the 45 days, your workshop payment(s) will be forfeited. This is the policy for all our online and in-person workshops, excluding our travel “Portrait of the World” workshops.