Exploring the pyramids as a family has always been a travel bucket list!
I think the kids really got excited about the pyramids from reading The Red Pyramid by Rick Riorden. I highly suggest this book as a way to engage your kids in Egyptology and all the other great history they’re going to learn in Egypt.
Photo Tips for Pyramids
Learn a photographer’s secret for getting great photos of the pyramids (without hundreds of tourists in them). Discover a camel camp! And plug your nose for the most intense smell inside the pyramids! What is that smell?!
Talking Points for the Family, Homeschooler or Classroom
- What do you think the smell is coming from in the pyramids?
- What is the most unusual thing you noticed about the camels?
- Do you think you’d like to climb into the belly of a pyramid?
- What do you think you’d find inside the pyramid?
- Where is the best place to take photos when visiting the pyramids?
- What’s the best time of day to go?
Want to learn more about Egypt?
Exploring the pyramids as a family was one of our all time favorite adventures, but Egypt has a lot more to offer! Check out all our posts on family travel and photography tips for Egypt! We spent a month filming and photographing this amazing country.